gamescom 2015

Due to popular demand (@Micha183 ) a thread for gamescom. Anything interesting (news, trailers, livestreams, ...)? Just post it please!

Livestreams

Trailer Playlist

Last edited:

Micha183

Good
Thanks a lot @Eric . There are many titels in this that lookin awsome.. Final fantasy XV o_O but im afraid of the gameplay graphics its just a teaser not a gameplay trailer.

For Honor... Mmmmmhhh, @C3pp4r3ll0 shows me the title and i cant wait to play a viking against c3pp´s cute little whiny Samurai Char :D Sadly our ways dont cross at Rocket League but we will meet in this game. In my opinion, this could be a fav for GotY2016. Movement in fighting-scenes are gorgeous and the ingame graphics are delicious. I hope the Storyline wont ruin the feelin by playin.

The other games..um.. i wont comment them yet. :rolleyes:

I must admit that I am a little disappointed. That could be caused by the fact that there were almost no surprises and the AAA-title were well known before Gamescom.

Still I did like ...

METAL GEAR SOLID V

FALLOUT 4

Eric

Expert
Since I really like 4X and especially the exploration part and also grand strategy and especially Paradox' approach to it I'm really looking forward to the just announced Stellaris. The trailer, of course, doesn't reveal much yet.

C3pp4r3ll0

Dark Souls addicted :-P
After an E3 so exciting, it was hard for Gamescom amaze again the gamers.
But I think that Quantum break and Scalebound are 2 games, really interesting; though being Microsoft exclusive, I will not be able to play them.
For sure I will play on September, Metal Gear Solid V; I only played the first metal gear solid in 1998 but I still have a great memory of that Kojima's game; surely I will not be able to fully appreciate the story not having played the previous game, but I'm curious to see some Kojima's genius: I still remember in the first Metal Gear solid, during the battle against an enemy called Psycho Mantis, the player is forced to plug the game controller into another port in order to avoid Mantis reading Snake's mind.
Also as unfortunately all fans of Silent Hill know :(, this game will be the last work of Kojima in Konami and I do not want to miss this game.
In November and probably also in the following months, considering the rumors about the duration of the game; I'll play Fallout 4.
At the beginning of 2016, it will be the turn of the game that I look more forward; I refer to Dark Souls 3.
Here there's a video gameplay from Gamescom with one of the bosses in Dark Souls 3: but don't worry I learned my lesson :oops:, this time I'm going to use bbc code (or whatelse) for spoiler button...
And then, as already mentioned by Micha, I want to try this promising new IP from Ubisoft: "for Honor". Its nice to finally get a multiplayer game that isn't the same FPS. Players can play as a character from three different factions, namely The Legion, The Chosen, and The Warborn. The three factions represent knight, Samurai, and Vikings, respectively.
Of course I will choose the "chosen" faction (samurai) ; After all it was written in my destiny;): Some time ago Schnitzel during a stream in the chat, predicted me that I was "chosen one"; at first I did not understand what it meant :confused:, then suddenly I realized o_O it was referring to the faction that I should choose in "For Honor": So my only mission, will not win a war or a battle, but exterminate Micha and his tribe of Vikings ... my katana will make them all hairless and probably also headless. Ok sorry for the previous delirium probably due to sunstroke ;).
Different classes have different abilities and weapons, and customization will be available for players. For instance, the gender of the characters, and the armor worn by them, can be changed and customized. But one of the features I like best, should be the combat system: It's designed for exciting PvP challenges, but I don't think this game can also have a great story; this game is focused mainly on multiplayer and pvp component.
I'd like to find time to play to Unravel since I'm a big fan of platform games: it is visually-impressive and moreover imho everything that comes from Sweden is worth testing...:rolleyes:
But there are many other games were not present at Gamescom which are worth as Uncharted 4 and Horizon Zero Dawn, but also I point this potentially interesting game for action genre lovers. The game was announced a year ago at Gamescom 2014, and it's developed by Ninja theory: it's called: Hellblade
The story is based on Celtic myth. The game is focused on Senua's point of view (she is very interesting character)
, as she embarks on a very personal journey through a hellish underworld which are Senua's psychosis manifestations of her own reality and mind.

@Micha183 off-topic message:
and i cant wait to play a viking against c3pp´s cute little whiny Samurai Char :D Sadly our ways dont cross at Rocket League but we will meet in this game.
but indeed our roads are already crossed once, maybe this video can help you refresh your memory https://www.twitch.tv/ludophiles/v/8636958 take a look at 1:05:45 time of this past stream; immediately after the goal if you turn up the volume, you can hear a Teutonic Fock... I suppose it's your voice !!! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

C3pp4r3ll0

Dark Souls addicted :-P
And these are the winners of Gamescom award 2015:

best of gamescom
Star Wars Battlefront (Electronic Arts)

Most Wanted Consumer Award

Best Console Game Sony Playstation

Best Console Game Microsoft Xbox
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (Konami Digital Entertainment)

Best Console Game Nintendo Wii
Super Mario Maker (Nintendo)

Best Role Playing Game
Dark Souls 3 (Bandai Namco Entertainment)

Best Racing Game
Forza Motorsport 6 (Microsoft)

Best Action Game
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (Konami Digital Entertainment)

Best Simulation Game
Forza Motorsport 6 (Microsoft)

Best Sports Game
PES 2016 (Konami Digital Entertainment)

Best Family Game
LEGO Dimensions (Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment)

Best Strategy Game
Unravel (Electronic Arts)

Best PC Game

Best Mobile Game (incl. Handheld, iOS, Android, Windows)
Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes (Nintendo)

Best Social / Casual / Online Game
Super Mario Maker (Nintendo)

Best Online Multiplayer Game

Best Hardware (incl. Peripheral)
HTC Vive (HTC)

Bestes Indie-Spiel
Cuphead (Studio MDHR)

http://www.gamescom-cologne.com/gamescom/for-exhibitors/registration/gamescom-award/index.php

Forgive me, another off-topic digression :rolleyes::

at the end of the year or at the beginning of 2016, we could organize a kind of award, something like Ludophiles Award ludoBeer; I mean a prize to reward the best games streamed during the year in the Ludophiles twitch channel;
The categories could be for example:
Best game, Best action-rpg, Best survival horror game, and so on...
but also Best male character (Geralt Von Riva could be a very likely winner ?)
Best female character, Best Soundtrack, Best song (Priscilla song in the witcher was pretty good), Best writing (The witcher 3 another likely winner ? but also The last of us was another game), Best Supporting Character (for me could be Yennefer), Best boss fight, Best bloodiest scene, Best touching scene (Hannabelle and Graham quest or Family matters quest with the Baron both from TW3 or the prologue of the Last fo Us ), Best funny scene (unicorn scene from TW3 or something from GTA V), Best online multiplayer game (TESO, Bloodborne or Rocket league could be in the nominations), Most viewed game (Bloodborne until now triumphs), and many others categories...
So what do you think ? Could it be done ?

Last edited:

Micha183

Good
Hey there,

yes @C3pp4r3ll0 your right it was my "Fock" at the stream, shame on me :rolleyes:

The Ludophiles Award seems to be a nice idea, but how could it work? By nominate at polls? Hmm, at least the Ludophiles Crew should bring in new ideas :p

@C3pp4r3ll0 be sure...You are not my Nemesis but im your destiny that haunts you