Dark Souls 3

C3pp4r3ll0

Dark Souls addicted :-P

From Software has revealed the release date for Dark Souls III
On one page of Dark Souls official website, Dark Souls III is listed for release on March 24, 2016 at least in Japan for PS4 and Xbox One, with the PC version announced at a later date.
There will be also a special edition containing a map and a CD with the soundtrack.

img_limitedprivilege.png

So by the end of March, hoping that the European version will be available (UPDATE it will be released on April, 2016 in Europe, Middle-East, Africa and Australasia), now know where to find me ;)

BTW in a recent interview the creator of Darks Souls Miyazaki talks about what makes the Dark Souls series so appealing, and cites Bloodborne‘s combat limitations as a reason for his desire to improve Dark Souls 3‘s fighting system. Regarding both games, Miyazaki says:

“Because of the character of Bloodborne’s gameplay, its battle style, as well as the role-playing elements, it’s limited compared to the Dark Souls franchise. It doesn’t necessarily mean Bloodborne was bad. However, while working on [it] I realised, I want to [create] something which has a wide range of battle styles, or features magic, or those things which allow players to wear awesome armour. Those elements are what actually made me come [back] to the Dark Souls franchise.”

So for those who feared a simplification of the gameplay of the new Dark Souls will have nothing to fear; however IMHO Bloodborne has the merit of having approached a lot of new players to the genre and it deserves a little more recognition by its creator perhaps with a nice new DLC of which is still unknown release date (UPDATE announced Bloodborne DLC), but I think that will come out obviously before Dark Souls 3 :rolleyes:.

Last edited:

C3pp4r3ll0

Some news directly from the official website:

Fans eager to get their hands on DARK SOULSTM III can apply for the Network Stress Test sessions*. Network Stress test is designed to allow elected testers to play the game for various tech verifications and is intended for a quality improvement of the final product. The Network Stress Test will be available on PlayStation®4:

Information

• Game server load evaluation
  • Multiplayer gameplay evaluation
  • Game balance evaluation

Registering

• September 18th, 2015 at 5:00 p.m. CEST to Sunday, October 4th, 2015 at 5:00 p.m. CEST (planned)

Network Stress Test sessions

• Friday, October 16th, 2015 at 8:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. CEST
  • Saturday, October 17th, 2015 at 8:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. CEST
  • Sunday, October 18th, 2015 at 8:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. CEST

Register from now on for the Network Stress Test on www.DarkSouls3.com

DARK SOULS III will be available for PlayStation®4, Xbox One and PC on April, 2016.

*Slots are limited and users are randomly selected

C3pp4r3ll0

Yesterday on gamespot.com published an interesting interview with Miyazaki who is the current president of From Software and the creative mind of the various souls like games.
Miyazaki says he’s ready to close the book on Dark Souls :eek:. In an industry where it’s commonplace to stretch the popularity of franchises across annual iterations, that may be hard to believe, but he thinks it’s critical to the future of his studio, From Software.

So probably the next Dark Souls 3 will be the last of this magnificent series.
I honestly not yet tired of these games in the last 6 months I have been playing for more than half the time to bloodborne and dark souls 2, but it is equally understandable and right to try new ideas, anyway I trust again in the future in some new chapter of bloodborne.
So fans of dark souls do not miss the next spring.
I5tQm91.gif

C3pp4r3ll0

Finally Bandai Namco announced the exact day of Dark Souls 3 release:
12 April 2016.

and these are the contents of 3 special edition :

Apocalypse Edition (for pre-orders only) click to see an image

• Game
  • Metal case
  • Official Soundtrack (CD)

Collector’s Edition click to see an image

• Game
  • Red Knight figurine
  • A4 DARK SOULS Trilogy hardcover artbook
  • Metal case
  • 3x iron-on patches (iron patches :eek:? damn, what kind of bugs will contain the game :D...:confused:)
  • Cloth game-map
  • Exclusive box

Prestige Edition (the image below)
  • Game
  • A numbered 40cm premium Lord of Cinder hand-painted polystone resin figurine
  • Red Knight figurine
  • A4 DARK SOULS Trilogy hardcover artbook
  • Metal case
  • 3x iron-on patches
  • Cloth game-map
  • Exclusive display box
DarkSouls_mockup_prestigeedition.jpg

Last edited:

C3pp4r3ll0

Missing 2 months the release of Dark Souls 3 and today was published the opening cinematic trailer:

meanwhile spread some preview on the features of the game, among the most interesting I point out:

• Is stat resetting available?: It is possible by meeting certain condition. But it is impossible to change your character customization. So be careful.
    • Is it possible to warp between bonfires?: Once you visited, yes. :)
    • How about Co-op with friends?: Use same password matching system like bloodborne. :)
    • Condition of matching?: Level :) (the soul memory in DS2 was difficult to calculate too)
    • Co-op time?: It's limitless. Play as much as possible until you kill the boss or get killed.:)
    • Slots of weapons?: 3 slots on each hands. :)
    • Is magic limited by numbers?: It's a system uses FP gauge. :eek:
    • Are mobs respawn endlessly?: Yes. Unlike DS2, it is endless respawn. This game focuses on achieving feeling by dominating toughness. :confused: (on more than one occasion, I used the respawn limitation during the first run in DS2 otherwise I would not be able to move forward :oops:)
    • Is it possible to invade soloing host?: I cannot talk about it.:eek:

After months of dying stay in Drangleic and Yharnam, I can not wait to walk even for this gloomy Lothric.

Last edited:

C3pp4r3ll0

...and if I had pre-ordered too early my special edition of Dark Souls 3 and I get this version what should I do ? :eek:? Rent a Delorean and go back to 1985 ? o_O

Last edited: